Saturday, 13 November 2010

UPRRA AGM 2010 Notice

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2010 AT 7.30 pm
33 Upham Park Road

Come and meet your neighbours over drinks and nibbles - all residents are cordially invited to attend.

The aim is also to meet the people who live in our street so this year the meeting will be kept as informal as possible. Matters of local interest will be discussed, such as: -
  • tree maintenance
  • street cleaning
  • refuse/recycling collection
Members of the UPRRA Committee are: -
Jackie Aust-Lean (No. 33)
Marise Lee (No. 10B)
Richard Palmer (No. 19)
Carol Stone (No. 56)
Graham Tigg, treasurer (No. 22).

If you have an item which you would like us to discuss, please contact a member of the Committee before 23 November.

PLEASE COME - WE HAVE PROVED OVER THE YEARS THAT COLLECTIVE ACTION CAN ACHIEVE RESULTS!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie et al.

    As a new resident, I wanted to say an early thank you for the good work the committee clearly does for the road.

    I must pass on our apologies for the AGM on Thursday.

    On the issue of the trees, I find it surprising that their removal is considered a desirable thing. While the trees produce a large quantity of sticky leaves, their appearance significantly improves to atmosphere of the road, and I'm sure contributes greatly to the value of the houses in the street.

    I would suggest that their removal be discouraged, and the efforts be redirected towards more frequent leaf clearance and pruning.

    Best Regards,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete